How to request materials from the Museum Libraries
- Visiting readers who have registered (register here) may request materials from the closed stacks until 3:30 pm (1:30 on Saturdays). We encourage you to request books from home before coming into the library. You will be notified by email when your books are available for you to use.
- Search WATSONLINE for the items you want to request. Display the full record for the item; click the Request/Recall button to request a book from Watson stacks or participating departmental libraries; you will be prompted to fill in your last name and the last 6 digits of the barcode number on your Reader’s Card.
- You may request up to 10 items at a time.
- The items you have requested will be held for you on open shelves in the Watson Library Reference Room for one week. They can be renewed at the Circulation Desk for an additional week upon request.
- If a requested item is checked out to a Museum staff member, Circulation Staff will refer you to the Reference Librarian to determine if another resource can be found to help you, or to locate the item at another library.
- Contact us at (212)650-2225 or email@example.com if you have questions.
Paging times: See Here.