Remote access instructions
All current Museum staff and volunteers can access the majority of the library’s subscription databases remotely. This means that you can access our online resources from any computer outside the Museum with an Internet connection – your home computer, your laptop, or another institution’s computer.
Instructions for remote access are included below. If you need remote access and do not have a library record, please contact Jessica Ranne at Jessica.Ranne@metmuseum.org.
Remote Access Instructions:
- Connect to Watsonline at http://library.metmuseum.org/screens/opacmenu.html
- Do a title search in Watsonline for the name of the electronic resource or database, e.g. JSTOR
- In the bibliographic record for the resource, click on the hyperlink directly underneath “Link to:”
- You will be prompted to enter your Last Name and MMA ID Number
- You will then be able to search within the electronic resource
N.B. Please note that a few of the library’s electronic resources cannot be accessed remotely due to license agreements, or the fact that they require a password.